The Montgomery County, Pennsylvania Histories book collection is a group of 15 books that detail the history of Montgomery County - primarily in the 19th and early 20th centuries. Many of the books are illustrated; showcasing specific events relating to key points in the history and development of Montgomery County during this period as well as details of some of its most important and influential figures.
All the titles contained on this CD are listed below.
- A history and geography of Montgomery county, Pa., together with county and township government (1891) - Harley, John K. - 126 pages
- Lives of the eminent dead : and biographical notices of prominent living citizens of Montgomery County, Pa. (1879) - Auge, M. (Moses) - 785 pages
- The Rosenberger family of Montgomery County : historical and genealogical sketches (1892) - Mathews, Edward - 153 pages
- History of Montgomery County within the Schuylkill Valley (1859) - Buck, William J. (William Joseph) - 134 pages
- The Centennial celebration of Montgomery County : at Norristown, Pa., September 9, 10, 11, 12, 1884 : an official record of its proceedings (1884) - Hobson, F. G. (Freeland Gotwalts); Buck, William J. (William Joseph); Dotterer, Henry Sassaman - 496 pages
- Genealogy record of descendants of Elizabeth Gehman and Abraham T. Swartley of Franconia, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania (1916) - Swartley, Samuel Reiff - 140 pages
- Historic Lower Merion and Blockley; also the erection or establishment of Montgomery County, Pennsylvania (1922) - Develin, Dora Harvey - 145 pages
- The Strassburger family and allied families of Pennsylvania; being the ancestry of Jacob Andrew Strassburger, esquire, of Montgomery county, Pennsylvania (1922) - Strassburger, Ralph Beaver - 882 pages
- Historical collections relating to Gwynedd, a township of Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, settled, 1696, by immigrants from Wales, with some data referring to the adjoining township, of Montgomery, also settled by Welsh (1897) - Jenkins, Howard Malcolm - 491 pages
- Biographical annals of Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, containing genealogical records of representative families, including many of the early settlers and biographical sketches of prominent citizens Volume 1 Only (1904) - Roberts, Ellwood - 822 pages
- The old Trappe Church, 1743-1893 : a memorial of the sesqui-centennial services of Augustus Evangelical Lutheran Church, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania (1893) - Kretschmann, Ernest T. (Ernest Theodore) - 220 pages
- Montgomery County, Pennsylvania ; a history Volume 1 (1923) - Hunsicker, Clifton Swenk - 481 pages
- Montgomery County, Pennsylvania ; a history Volume 2 (1923) - Hunsicker, Clifton Swenk - 487 pages
- Montgomery County, Pennsylvania ; a history Volume 3 (1923) - Hunsicker, Clifton Swenk - 519 pages
- Biographical and portrait cyclopedia of Montgomery County, Pennsylvania : containing biographical sketches of prominent and representative citizens of the county, together with an introductory historical sketch (1895) - Wiley, Samuel - 794 pages
Here is a map of Montgomery County as well as some illustrations from some of the volumes:
This CD runs on all Windows and Macintosh computers. You must have a web browser and Adobe Acrobat Reader - (available for free download if you do not have it installed on your computer.) The book index is organized in an HTML menu that is compatible with all browsers and the books themselves are in PDF format to allow them to be universally accessed. Many books on this CD are searchable and printable.