The Railway Signaling book collection is a collection of 17 late 19th century and early 20th century books on the science of railway/railroad signaling and signal technology of this era. Many of the books have excellent illustrations of the various technologies and implementations of the technology for the railroads and they make an excellent reference collection for the historic rail enthusiast.
Here is a list of the 18 books in this collection.
- Railway signaling (1921) - King, Everett Edgar - 402 pages
- Railway signaling in theory and practice (1909) - Latimer, James Brandt - 434 pages
- Railway signaling; a comprehensive treatise on modern methods of railway signaling, covering principles of operation and types of apparatus; (1907) - 122 pages
- Power railway signalling, by H. Raynar Wilson (1909) - Wilson, H. Raynar - 366 pages
- The railway signal and permanent way engineer's pocket book (1922) - 356 pages
- Electric interlocking handbook by the Engineering staff of the General railway signal company (1917) - Sperry, Henry Muhlenberg; Carter, Paul E - 454 pages
- Electric locking, including a number of chapters which appeared originally in the Railway signal engineer (1918) - Anderson, James - 238 pages
- Railway "block" signalling : the principles of train signalling and apparatus for ensuring safety (1899) - Pigg, James - 420 pages
- Railway-signalling: automatic; an introductory treatment of the purposes, equipment, and methods of automatic signalling and track-circuits for steam and electric railways, for railwaymen, students, and others (1922) - Wilson, Francis Raynar - 156 pages
- The first principles of railway signalling including an account of the legislation in the United Kingdom affecting the working of railways and the provision of signalling and safety appliances (1910) - Byles, C. B - 190 pages
- The A B C of railroad signaling; a lecture delivered before the Harvard School of Business Administration (1909) - Elliott, W. H - 86 pages
- The Block System of Signaling on American Railroads (1901) - Braman Blanchard Adams - 280 pages
- Reference book of parts in connection with inter-locking and block signaling, 1894; special awards at World's Fair, Chicago, 1893 (1894) - Johnson railroad signal company, Rahway, N. J - 256 pages
- American practice in block signaling : with descriptions and drawings of the different systems in use on railroads in the United States (1891) - 96 pages
- A catalogue of the devices and their parts (1894) - Union Switch and Signal Company - 363 pages
- Block and interlocking signals (1896) - 294 pages
- Automatic block signals and signal circuits; American practice in the installation and maintenance of signals electrically controlled, and operated by electric or other power, with descriptions of the accessoriesnow regarded as standard (1908) - Scott, Ralph - 268 page
Here are some images taken from the collection.
This CD runs on all Windows and Macintosh computers. You must have a web browser and Adobe Acrobat Reader - (available for free download if you do not have it installed on your computer.) The book index is organized in an HTML menu that is compatible with all browsers and the books themselves are in PDF format to allow them to be universally accessed. All the books are printable - either individual pages or the entire book.